Kubernetes has crossed the chasm – rapidly moving from emerging technology to mainstream IT in just a few years. Our latest survey of qualified software development and IT professionals highlights the benefits and challenges of this astonishing growth.
Key findings include:
- 99% of respondents recognize the clear benefits of Kubernetes; 97% said they would pay for support and services for important Kubernetes tools
- Nearly ⅓ are operating 50 or more Kubernetes clusters, up from only 15% last year
- ⅔ of companies currently operating 100+ Kubernetes clusters expect to increase that number by 50% in 2022
- 62% adopted Kubernetes to increase the flexibility of applications, while 59% used it to improve cloud utilization
- 46% indicated applying policy consistently across clusters and teams as a security concern, up from 37% last year
Want to learn more? Download The State of Kubernetes 2022 to get the latest data on the trends, opportunities, and challenges of this increasingly mainstream technology.